Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Zoo!

Yesterday, Nicholas (my colleague) and his wife, and my girlfriend and I went to the Zoo. My girlfriend managed to get some cheap tickets and so it was a great opportunity for me to try and sketch as many animals that I can in the zoo. You see, ever since a few months back, I've been training myself to capture gestures of people and animals. I have only tried sketching animals from internet videos, so to be able to do it live is wonderful! And I'm lucky to have a colleague that was similarly enthusiastic about drawing animals in the zoo as well.
I managed to fill up just 10 pages of my A4 sketchbook, as I initially hoped to draw more animals. I guess it's because we entered the zoo quite late-it was already afternoon, so next time I'll go earlier.




















No comments: