Thursday, October 30, 2008

After a short hiatus...

I've been pretty busy lately for the past 2 months working on a short game project, and so have not been able to scan and post my accumulating sketches. That short project is over now (I hope) :)

Here's some sketches; among those usual people-at-the-MRT sketches, I particularly like the drawing of some clown faces with different expressions.








Last week, I went jungle hiking with Annie (my girlfriend) at Bukit Timah Nature Reserve. It was raining half way through our hike when we came across this particular Uncle who started to put a plastic bag onto his head to avoid the rain. We laughed so much because he looked really funny and comical. Annie said he even looked like SpongeBob. I had to agree :P (he's at the bottom left, right below)

Annie contributed some sketch of Pennywise the Clown. Can you spot him below?


Moving on...
Here's some sketch of Gimeor and some dinosaurs. I tried to shade some values in, so that they won't be so flat. I think I can develop a few in there into color sketches.
I especially liked the one titled "Food's Here" in which Gimeor looks up at a flying creature which casts a shadow on him. So who's the food? Gimeor or the creature?




Lastly, I'd like to introduce you to my latest cute character. His name is Sharkee... (predictable name isn't it?)

No comments: